Monday, November 4, 2013

The Adventures of Elder Clement: November 4

Helllo!

I've had a busy busy week!

Monday and Tuesday were filled with bittersweet goodbyes as I left Galway. I'll really miss that place and the people there.

I was anxious to get to Scotland as we departed on our journey from Dublin on Wednesday. We took an early bus to Belfast and the ferry over to the west coast of Scotland. I wasn't sure whether I was going straight to Edinburgh or getting off in Glasgow, but when we got to Glasgow the Zone Leaders and my new companion were there to welcome us to Paisley Zone. Elder Christensen and I returned to Irvine and did some finding in the evening.

It's been great getting to know Elder Christensen! He's very excited and eager to work. He's from Salt Lake City and doesn't turn 19 'til march. I love his attitude and I think the ward members do, too. He had a rough time training because of some emotional issues with his trainer, so I'm excited to re-cover his training with him and to help him become more comfortable as a missionary, and hopefully we can learn together to become better teachers.

Thursday morning I took a train to Edinburgh with a couple of other missionaries for New District Leader Training there. It was great to get instruction from President Brown and the assistants -- I feel a lot less nervous now that I know what to actually do.

The rest of the week has been great! We've been walking the soles off our shoes and Friday we got soaked to the bone as we walked through the rain all day! It's been fun.

The ward is wonderful. We had a great testimony meeting yesterday and I've had a great time meeting all the members. Most of the time I just smile and nod as they introduce themselves and I attempt to decipher the Scottish encoding that rattles from their mouths.

I'll get there! I love you all and have an awesome week.

Elder Clement






No comments:

Post a Comment