Monday, October 28, 2013

The Adventures of Elder Clement: October 28

Hello everyone!
It looks like this has been my last week in Galway! It's really crazy to think about. I've been here my whole 6 months and now I'm leaving to a completely separate country.

We got moves call last night and I'm going to Paisley, Scotland! It's an area called Irvine on the west coast of Scotland. I'm assigned to be a District Leader there and I'll be follow-up training a missionary named Elder Christensen who's just finishing his 12 week training in Elder Massey's group.
I'm pretty nervous about going to Scotland! Everything is going to be so much different. Hopefully I can adapt quickly. Elder Leonard (my trainer) served in Irvine and he said it's one of his favorite areas. He goes home on Wednesday! How crazy is that? He'll be flying home on his (and mom's) birthday.
Tomorrow night we'll drive to Dublin so we can get the ferry from Belfast to Scotland on Wednesday. It would be a pretty simple trip to Irvine after that, but I actually have to go all the way to Edinburgh for new District Leader training. So travel, travel, travel once again! It feels like it was just yesterday that I made the same trip to pick Elder Massey up.
As for our past week, though, we ended on a high note! We met some awesome people. There's a girl named Claire that we met who goes to college at GMIT in Galway -- she's very kind and excited to read the Book of Mormon! Unlike many Irish people, she's actually curious about other Christian faiths and has questions as to which is right. I know God will answer her prayers as she seeks to find the truth.
On Tuesday Elder Massey and I taught District Meeting. That was fun! We talked about how God can trust us as individuals and how we can help people we meet trust us.
On Friday night we had a really fun Halloween party at the church! 65 people showed up, a contrast from the 30-40 that come for church on Sunday. It was a great time. I dressed up as a zombie missionary using some of my trashed clothes, Elder Massey was '3 hole-punch Elder Massey' from The Office, Elder Dalton was the Joker and E. Elliott was Batman.
It's been such a great moves here in Galway. I don't think I'll have too many regrets with leaving! Elder Massey and I worked really hard here. We got to teach 110 lessons in our last 5 weeks! I hope he's prepared for his future as a missionary and that he'll be able to take the good things out of our experiences together.
I love you guys! I'll be sending a fun-packed email next week, I'm sure.
Galways,

Elder Clement


Elder Zombie and Three Hole Punch Elder Massey

The Limerick District

Elder Massey and Me

1 comment:

  1. Going to miss you Elder Clement. Wishing you success in your new area. Stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete