The first week of my 4th moves is gone! It was a pretty good one.
Last P-day we had a fun little FHE activity that the Wilsons put together. That member from Mexico, Christian came and we had a fun time just playing music and singing! We had an investigator and a couple less-actives there. I hope to continue stuff like that in the future!
Christian is awesome. On P-day we bought him a kebab and got to spend time talking with him about his experiences in Europe and about his mission. I can't wait to see him and jam with him again when I get back to BYU-I!
The work this week was good!
We had hoped to meet a lot with our investigators who we're working with to progress to baptism, but we had quite a few cancelled appointments so we ended up doing my favourite thing ever --- FINDING!!!
Finding is always good and we had the opportunity to teach quite a few new people this week, but I'm sincerely praying that soon potential investigators will keep their appointments and commitments and will begin to progress so we can have a solid teaching pool.
Even with our great teaching numbers this week, I began to feel some sadness and doubt about the difference I've made since I've been on my mission. From the outside I've been here for 5 months and seen no one baptised or converted to the Gospel. I realized that I may not see that happen in Galway unless our investigators make it to church every week for the next 3 or 4 weeks. I continued to selfishly look at my spent time and effort in this way for a few days this week. Finally I decided to read the story of Abinadi during morning study.
I know that the work we are doing will lead people to enjoy the blessings of the Gospel. If it's not during the time I'm here, then it will be during someone else's time. As long as I'm doing everything I can to encourage and invite others to come to Christ, The Lord will fill in the rest.
I'm very grateful for the trials and frustration I've had since I've been here. It's humbled me and shown me a different perspective. I love being here and no amount of doubt that lingers in the back of my mind will overpower the love I have for this Gospel and for Christ.
I love you all and I hope to hear from you!
Elder Clement
| Elder Clement, his companion (right), and one of their investigators, Sharon (center) |
No comments:
Post a Comment