Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13: Final Week, Final Baptism, Final Call

My life just seems surreal at the moment.

The greatest love I have in my life is now ending, and I don't really know what to do!

This last full week of my mission experience has been a blessing from God. We were able to teach and meet some incredible people who have no doubt been prepared by God for months and years to meet us and to learn about this great truth. I also said some goodbyes that were tough. I just feel like there's so much work left to do, but my joy has been helping Elder Taylor prepare to take over completely when I'm gone.

This work will move forward! I am certain that God controls all spiritual growth that takes place within any individual or group in this world, at any time. I have been privileged to share what I know and grow in the process.

The people in these countries have taught me that people are good. God is good. I know He lives and will call, persuade, and direct any of his children who are looking for more out of life than temporal happiness and wordly entertainment.

This week my dear friend Junior was baptised. I first met him 10 weeks ago on Pratt's Hill in Edinburgh, Scotland -- the hill we hike at the beginning and the end of our missions. I found out he lives in Dublin and we met up, and being a part of his conversion process since then has been incredible. 

I know that faith is a gift. My faith has grown from an ignorant twig into a firm tree, and I know I will be carried through the storms of this life through the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I thank my God daily for allowing me to help the good people in these wonderful countries of Scotland and Ireland. I can say like the apostle Paul, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."

Thanks to all of you who have supported me through the good and the tough times of my mission -- your love and faith is a reassurance to me that God lives and loves us.

With love and thanks,

Elder Wyatt Clement

 

No comments:

Post a Comment