This week has been a whirlwind. So much has happened.. I can't believe it's just been a week!
I was so happy to talk to my family on Skype yesterday for Mother's Day. My mom is the greatest.
We had a big All-Ireland missionary Conference in Dublin on Friday. It was great to be there and to have that learning experience!
Saturday and Sunday were Stake Conference -- President and Sister Brown were there and the Preston Temple President and his wife were there. I really enjoyed the meetings' focus on hastening the work!
Between conference sessions President Brown pulled me aside and told me he has a new assignment for me; to work in the Mission Office as his assistant. It was a big shock to me and a humbling experience. He told me I would leave Northern Ireland Monday morning and fly to Edinburgh (Scotland). So here I am! Overwhelmed and uninformed!
Saying goodbyes to members and investigators in Bangor yesterday was a bittersweet experience as always. I've really enjoyed my time there and leaving causes me to reflect on the blessings I was given there.
I'm anxious to see what this new opportunity brings. I'm sure there will be many ups and downs. Who knows? I'm definitely excited to work alongside President and Sister Brown. They are such admirable people.
My new companion is Elder Boehme... he is a man among men and it will be a long-term humbling experience working with him!
I am infinitely grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that joy lies within the extended arms of His mercy and blessings come from obedience and submission to His will.
I hope I can submit to His will every day. I'll need you each to show me by example!
I love you all,
Elder Clement
Posterity picture at All-Ireland (Elders Massey and Johnson)
Goodbyes -- Peacocks
Goodbyes -- Bowens
Goodbyes -- McCruddens
Goodbyes -- Napiers
Goodbyes -- Harkness'
Goodbyes -- Nobles
No comments:
Post a Comment