Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26: Week of Moves

Hello all,

I'm just happy I survived this week to email you today!

It was interesting to spend time cleaning our apartment at the mission home last Monday, when we knew that within three or four days it would be destroyed. Such was the case.

On Tuesday we welcomed all the departing missionaries who have finished their two years or 18 months and we hiked up Pratt's Hill with them. It was pleasing to see these troopers climb this hill once again, as they had done at the beginning of their missions, where they had set goals and sacrifices to God to establish a vision for their journey away from home. This time they were able to account to the Lord for those sacrifices they promised.

It was one of those most wondrous experiences sending off these fulfilled missionaries on Wednesday morning and welcoming a bus full of brand new missionaries in their place.
We got to spend all day with them; climbing Pratt's Hill, giving training to them and their trainers, helping President to assign them areas and trainers.

Thursday was New Leadership Training for all the newly assigned District Leaders and Sister Training Leaders. We trained 'em up and sent them off to be awesome!

Most of the remainder of our time this week we got to spend in our area in Dalkeith! We found some pretty good people who we hope to work with soon. The ward here is great. It's like a little family.

Yesterday I was able to teach the lesson in Elder's Quorum -- it was on the talk 'Are You Sleeping Through the Restoration?' by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. It's a fantastic talk. If you haven't read it, here's a link!: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/04/are-you-sleeping-through-the-restoration?lang=eng

I'm happy to be a member of an institution that is led by inspired men and women. Each day my testimony is strengthened as I share what I know to be true. The same can happen for you! It's amazing what the Lord can do for us if we simply open our mouths.

I love you all!

Elder Clement

The Trio


Pratt's Hill...

In a cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment