This week has been mental. So many new things to learn!
From Tuesday to Friday we did moves planning. It was honestly an amazing privilege to be a part of that dedicated revelatory time -- pondering and discussing the Lord's will for the changes in the organization in the mission.
I love the missionaries here. They're just so dedicated and willing and humble! I really have so much to learn.
I also got to get to know our area a bit this week. It's good to be back in Scotland. On Saturday we found a prepared couple called Lorna and John! They became really interested as we mentioned to them about the feelings of guilt that can be removed through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I can't wait to teach them again.
President Brown was in Limerick, Ireland this weekend for their district conference, so as a result we did moves call this morning instead of last night. We just finished about an hour ago and all I can say is 'BOY, was that draining?!'
But in all seriousness, I am excited to be here and happy to be able to learn from the greatest(s).
My Dad gave an awesome talk in our old ward in Pflugerville, TX this week titled 'Developing Spiritual Stamina'. One of my favorite parts of the talk was a poem he included:
Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger trees.
The further sky, the greater length.
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.
We each have lots of change and growth in store for us. I hope we can recognize that when obstacles come, their purpose is to help us develop and mature. I have come to love change; it's like a new obstacle course. Let's all stay on our toes!
Love,
Elder Clement
The Mission Home
Act Well Thy Part stone at the Mission Home
The Dalkeith Elders
Looks like I left Nothern Ireland just in time... They're preparing for July 12th already!
Elder Sewell at All-Ireland
No comments:
Post a Comment