Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9: Marriages, Cell Phones, Castles, Conferences

This week has sort of been all over the place, but if I'm honest I don't think I've had a normal week in my mission yet!

All our friends are doing great -- we found out Daniella's not married (a week before her baptism) so that won't be able to happen for another 3-5 months. That's always such a tough barrier. But she still loves the Gospel -- I hope she'll retain her fire and eventually make it. There's still lots of hope for her daughter Lora!

Valentina is amazing -- if all goes well she'll be getting baptised this Saturday! We're happy for her. Please pray for her!

I got to go on exchange this week with Elder Mulville in Clondalkin. We taught Junior -- he's a nice Brazilian guy I talked to in Edinburgh when I was picking up Elder Taylor about a month ago. He's been progressing really well and he'll hopefully be getting baptised soon!

Things are good here. I really love my mission. We had stake conference this weekend and President O'Farrell gave an amazing talk where he spoke about seizing the time we have, and making every opportunity count. I felt a special application of his words as I pondered how few opportunities I have left to do good as a full-time missionary.
My heart sank last night as we went to pick up some missionaries who are going home tomorrow -- I can't believe that will be me in just a few more weeks.

I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we share is the truth. I hope I can help someone's life or at least their perception of the world in the time I have left. I'm grateful for time.

I love you all!

Elder Clement


No comments:

Post a Comment