Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14: Short

Hey everyone,

I don't have too long to chat today. Yesterday was moves call so today we were doing moves planning for everyone in the zone. We were working on this from 10-4 and then we found out that the assistants booked the Ireland-->Scotland ferry tickets for Tuesday instead of Wednesday. This may not seem like a big deal, but it is hours. So that was fun.

Anyways, this week has been good!


On Tuesday I had the chance to exchange in Portadown with Elder Wilwand. We were going to stay in Belfast and do some street contacting with missionaries there, but we felt like we should take an earlier train back to Portadown. Just outside the train station in Portadown we stopped this guy called Clyve. Clyve told us that the day before he had just found/accepted Jesus after 10 years of rejecting him. We taught him about the Restoration of the Gospel in the street there, and afterwards he told us that he felt like God had sent us to him and he seemed really excited to read the Book of Mormon. Yesterday the Portadown elders told me that he came to church and is doing well!

Shouldn't we all try to be that submissive and eternally-minded? How neat is that?

The rest of the week Elder Stoker and I were able to really focus and work hard in our area. That was great!

On Wednesday we were street contacting in Newtownards and we met this college-aged girl who wasn't very interested. We persisted as we do with everyone, but not in the same way we always do. Instead of continuing to ask her all of these questions and finding out what part of our message she would be interested in, I had a really powerful experience as I decided to just let the Spirit guide. In the middle of our downward-spiraling conversation I just felt the need to testify that this Gospel could bless her with immideate direction and joy in her life. After a few statements she began to nod her head and agree that she would be interested in trying the Book of Mormon and our lessons. We're meeting her tomorrow -- whoop! God is so cool.

Thursday was pretty crazy. Last week we found this Latvian family who didn't speak much English, so on Thursday we brought this Latvian couple in our ward to come teach them. We assume that it went great!!!! We don't really know, because it was all in Russian, but it looked good! I think they're coming to church this week and have a lot of potential.

We also saw our favorite Bible scholar, Bill. He is so intense.. it's hilarious. Once he joins the church he'll be a Kingdom builder!

On Friday I had a wonderful day as I had the privelege of exchanging with Elder Gomez Castillo here in Bangor. Elder Gomez is from Spain and has been out here for about 14 months. He is probably the most loving person I have ever met. And it's not just that he loves everyone.. he loves everyone and tells everyone he loves them! It's crazy what an impact one person can have on an area in a day.

On Saturday there was a baptism here in Bangor II Ward -- a good friend called William Bickerstaff. He's a legend! One of our part-member families was able to come and that was great.

Yesterday we had a really meaningful Testimony Meeting and a few of our friends came to that.

Life is good.

We got our moves call and Elder Stoker and I are staying here this transfer. Quite a few of the teams in the zone are moving, so that will be fun. Let the scattered moves week begin!

I love you all too much,

Elder Clement



Elder Gomez

Elder Stoker and me celebrating MANOK

This is a huge pallet of copies of The Book of Mormon that Salt Lake sent us. Guess how much it cost to send? $2,600!!!!! We're special.

The Elders

Lunch at General Conference. A ward member is sending this to the Ensign!

No comments:

Post a Comment