This week has been just dandy!
Monday through Wednesday were just those antsy, on your toes days with moves and all. I think Elder Stoker and I were on edge until the last missionary got back to their area safely. Luckily everything went well!
With all of this business and lack of movement in our own area, I might've given room for a little bit of self-pity and wallowing toward the beginning of the week. After moves was through, though, we decided to just get to work!
On Thursday we met this awesome guy called Chris. He's the best!
We contacted him on the street in Newtownards town centre and he didn't seem too interested at first. But we taught him the significance of the Book of Mormon and all of a sudden he became really excited! It was a neat little experience. After telling us he'd read the Book of Mormon and after we got his details, we continued to do some contacting on the street.
Later, as we were walking back to the car, Chris walked by us... reading the Book of Mormon! As he walked past he said "Oh, hey guys. Didn't see you there. I was wondering if I could get one of these books for my friends?" He then went on to tell us that we had really made a difference in his day and if this book makes a difference in his life that he would open himself up to God for the first time. Yeah, I know!
On Friday we also met some amazing people. One of them is a Presbyterian lady called Leslie. She, like many wonderful people, thought that Mormons are those people who don't allow blood transfusions. Silly Leslie. Anyways, we taught her about the Restoration and she's excited to learn more and to read the Book of Mormon!
Another couple ladies, Leanor and Elanor, are a daughter and mother that were baptised in Belfast a long time ago and have had some close loved ones die. We're going to go teach them more about The Plan of Salvation and the opportunity they have to be with their family again.
Sunday was beautiful. I love Easter. We met with Chris in the morning and he's excited to learn more. He thinks this can definitely make him happy in his life. We do too. Chris set a goal to be baptised on May 24th! He's remarkable.
So much cool stuff happened this week -- I wish you could each just step into my shoes for a day. I love being here and meeting so many great people. Anyone who doesn't think they're great is wrong, and that's the beauty of the Gospel!
In this season of Easter I hope we can all remember the possibilities each of our lives contain because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that He leads me in my work and leads God's children towards perfection. I'm so grateful for the chance I have to live with Him again. Every good gift we have and will have is because of Him!
Love,
Elder Clement
Elder Stoker, Spackman, and Sewell on moves day
More murals...
No comments:
Post a Comment