Monday, August 11, 2014

August 11: Acting, Planning, Training, Cleaning, Calling

This week has been another busy one. I wonder if there will ever come a day when I have time to myself to think or 'chill out'?

Everything is good, though!

This week was moves planning. We spent much of the week in President Brown's office with him moving names/faces around on a whiteboard until it felt right. (There's quite a bit more that goes into it than that, but for the sake of time I won't bore you )

It's always an awesome experience to do moves planning. It's not often that we have time to sit down and think of every individual missionary in the mission. It helps me understand even more each time just how dedicated each of these missionaries is.

Wednesday was great -- a day I've been looking forward to for a long time. It was Mission Leadership Council and Elder Boehme and I got to instruct on the Restoration. We also trained on accountability, and last P-Day we made a short film to illustrate the principle. Here's a link to watch it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-XuvVzjOcRDNXdiMWo2azk2Zk0/edit?usp=sharing

This weekend we held an open house at our chapel in Dalkeith. We had a few visitors, so that was good. But I think the greatest success from it was just seeing all of the members pull together to help out. Dalkeith ward is great.

Yesterday morning I remembered I was giving a 20-minute talk in sacrament meeting.. it had been a busy week and I completely forgot to look at the topic.. So that was a fun experience!

Yesterday was also moves call -- it's always overwhelming but worthwhile to call all of the teams in the mission that are moving to new areas. I learn so much from just how willing they all are to pick up everything and change their lives on a whim. The perfect example is Elder Norup from Denmark. He's serving in the Shetland Islands right now: the furthest northeast area in our mission. We called him yesterday and extended the assignment for him to move to Limerick in Ireland: the third most southwest area in our mission. He was cool with it. It will take him over 5 days to make that trip!

I love you all. Thanks for believing what you believe in. Thanks for the prayers as well.

Elder Clement


Martin & Lisa's snakes. They have 26!



Me and Elder Nordfors in our Blarney Castle shirts (We bought these together over a year ago in Cork, Ireland!)

Me and Elder Boehme -- moves call!

No comments:

Post a Comment