Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25: Ireland

We spent most of the week in Ireland this week.

On Monday we flew out to Dublin with President and Sister Brown, and Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were spent in Limerick, Belfast, and Dublin at Zone Interview Trainings in the zones there.

We had the opportunity to train all the missionaries there about the Restoration -- the same training we gave in Mission Leadership Council. I loved it! I absolutely love talking to missionaries about how we can use the apostasy and Restoration more in our work and how common ground is the worst approach in missionary work.

I also got to go on exchange with Elder Barney (Dublin zone leader) on Friday and that was great. He is the man! -- probably one of my favorite missionaries.

Elder Boehme got back from Dublin on Friday night,so we had at least a couple of days proselyting together this week :)

On Saturday we had a baptism. Summer-Eve was baptised and it was just plain fantastic. The Spirit felt there was amazing. Her brother and dad both gave talks and her dad isn't even a member! What an amazing family they've become.

Yesterday was Summer's confirmation and it was another great memory I will cherish. Taking part in that ordinance is one of the greatest privileges I could have.

Something else happened this week that was pretty amazing;

On Saturday, just before the baptism, we were street contacting in a small (really small) town called Penicuik. As we were leaving the shop street to head to the chapel, a woman called out to us. She was running the 'Yes' booth for the Referendum, which is supporting the Scottish vote for independence from the UK. That scared us a bit, because we obviously don't like getting involved in political things.

But this woman looked really familiar, so we walked over to her. I said 'Where do I know you from?', and she responded by mimicking the plucking of a guitar. All of a sudden I remembered who she was! Her name is Katrina and she was being taught by Elder Dalton and Elder White when I was in Galway a year ago! I had only met her a handful of times (at church and at FHE activities) but I always heard tons about her because she was progressing to baptism really well.
Before I left Galway she dropped the elders and I never heard much more about her.

It was great talking to her on Saturday -- she was so excited to see us and I was giddy as a child to see her. She was the only Scottish person I ever knew in my six months in Galway and she just happens to come from the dinky town of Penicuik.

I know it wasn't coincidence that we met her. I hope that it's finally the time God has prepared her for; to accept the Gospel and to change! She really wants us to come teach her and meet her family. It will be great.

God is so cool. I love missionary work. Try it yourself.

Talk to you next week,

Elder Clement

Elder Johnson in Limerick



President Brown in his rented Audi

Missionary Planner checks


No comments:

Post a Comment