Monday, September 8, 2014

September 1: Zone Development

Hello all!

This week has passed in a blur.

Last Monday we had our transferly Zone Development Day. The whole zone gets together and we spend from 12pm to 8:30pm having fun! This time we played ultimate frisbee and capture the flag. It was a lot of fun, but I was really sore the following days. It was nice to have a break -- we don't get those too often as missionaries and especially not since I've been here.

On Wednesday and Thursday we had Zone Interview Trainings in Glasgow and Paisley. After those meetings we spent Friday and Saturday on exchanges with Paisley and Glasgow zone leaders.

It was good to spend time working with Elder Benesch (past companion now serving in Paisley) again. He is a great missionary; I learned tons from him. The Paisley zone leaders are also training a new missionary named Elder Penman. He is cool! His mom sings in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

[Side-note: Elder Penman told me that just before he came out he went to a fireside that Dieter F. Uchtdorf was supposed to be presiding at. He said that the fireside started and President & Sister Uchtdorf were nowhere to be seen. This was on the Sunday of the FIFA World Cup Final. Finally President Uchtdorf arrived and when he got up to the pulpit he said 'Sorry we were late -- we were too busy winning the World Cup." Isn't that hilarious??]

Saturday I spent here in Dalkeith with Elder Lesuma. He's a powerhouse missionary from Utah, but his dad is from Fiji. I asked him if he had ever met any Fijians on his mission and he said no. I asked because there's an army base in Penicuik that has tons of Fijian residents. So in the evening we went and tracted there and got a foot in the door with a lot of them! Many of them knew his family back in Fiji! It was really cool.

Earlier in the week we went and taught Katrina for the first time (the woman I met in Galway a year ago). We had an amazing lesson with her and she really thinks she's being led to something in her life by seeing us and by the feelings she's had lately. We're going to continue teaching her and see where things go!

The week has been good overall. I hope all of you have seen miracles in your lives this week. If you haven't seen any, make some.

I love you all,

Elder Clement

Elder Nordfors

Sister Hales

Zone Development Day

No comments:

Post a Comment