Tuesday was a zone meeting here in Edinburgh. We got some good training from the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders on boldness and persistence.
Wednesday was Mission Leadership Council - that was great. We mixed things up a bit this time. Instead of the Ireland leadership video calling in we flew them over to Edinburgh. Also, instead of giving normal instruction we spent much of the day splitting of into groups and having discussions on faith. It was fantastic! My group's discussion was based around the questions, 'How can we find a balance between faith and realistic expectations?' and 'In what way is our faith affected by past experience?'
After MLC the Limerick Zone Leaders blitzed our area (they both exchanged here) and we had a good night together. Elder Merrill and I taught Heather -- she's doing really well. We also visited our recent convert Denise. She's going through a hard time, but she'll make it :)
On Thursday we continued our exchange with Limerick, and in the afternoon took them to the airport for their flight to Dublin. While there, Elder Boehme and I got a flight to Belfast to exchange with the zone leaders in Bangor.
It was really good to be back in Northern Ireland. I miss the members there! It was also good to go back because proselyting there makes me grateful to be in Dalkeith. We'll just leave it at that -- haha!
My exchange there with Elder Thackeray was good. He's a humble guy and a hardworking missionary.
Instead of flying back to Edinburgh on Friday, we did something a bit unique. There's a senior couple in Belfast that just went home, and the mission needs there UK car back in Scotland. So Elder Boehme and I took their car on the ferry from Belfast to Stranraer (7-10PM), then spent the night with the elders in Stranraer, then drove from Stranraer to Stirling to exchange with the Edinburgh zone leaders, then Elder Brown and I came back to Edinburgh to work here on Saturday. I'll attach a picture so that makes more sense.
Our week overall was good. Katrina is doing well. Heather is great - she's hoping to get baptised on October 11. I'm just really happy to be a missionary.
I love you all tons! Talk soon!
Elder Clement
Skipping rocks in Stranraer
Stirling Castle

No comments:
Post a Comment