This week was probably one of the craziest moves weeks on my mission. We had over 60 missionaries moving areas, 14 missionaries going home, 18 new missionaries coming in, 4 new areas opening, and tons of fun problems. :)
Monday and Tuesday were great days spent with the departing missionaries. We had 12 sisters going home this transfer... I don't know what the mission is going to do without them. They're all really really good missionaries and I have no clue how we'll take a hit like that!
Wednesday was good as well -- we saw Elder Boehme off to Ireland in the morning and welcomed lots of new missionaries into the mission. We got tons of English elders so that was fun.
Thursday we trained all the new leadership; lots of fun as always.
Elder Barney was nervous to give instruction to the new missionaries and leaders this week but he did great! He's already taught me so much -- this transfer is going to be great with him.
We're really working hard on building up our area at the moment. We've got almost nobody to teach so we're going to beg God to help us find people who will listen! It will be great.
We spent some time this weekend preparing for Mission Leadership Council and for upcoming zone conferences. We prepared our training and received lots of insights and direction -- we'll be training on the Higher Law.
The Higher Law is a lifestyle taught and emulated by Jesus Christ throughout His earthly ministry. It encompasses a mindset of 'what more can I do?' and the resolve to go beyond the written law. We've centred our thoughts on the scripture in D&C Section 82:3 which says
Needless to say, I've learned a lot this week about how I sometimes have an inner temptation to do only what is required. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is designed perfectly to help us recognise not only where we fall short but where we can go beyond. I'm grateful for the Atonement and for daily opportunities to see my own faults and failures.
In other news, I got barked at by a grown woman this week. Literally like a dog.
Hope you all have a great week!
Elder Clement
Elder Barney on Pratty's Hill
Edinburgh Castle from Pratt's Hill
Some random guy
New arriving missionaries and trainers
Elder Neideck
No comments:
Post a Comment