Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October 7: Conferences, Council, Exchange, GConf

This week was very busy! I don't even know why I say that anymore... every week is! But we spent a good amount of the time with the missionaries in the mission, helping to boost morale and confidence within them.

On Tuesday we had our first zone conference of the transfer just here in Edinburgh. The stake centre is literally next door, so that's nice.

Wednesday was Mission Leadership Council -- it's my favorite time of the month when some of my biggest role models come and help me to learn what more I can do to be a follower of Jesus Christ.

Thursday and Friday were Aberdeen and Dundee Zone Conferences. In all of the conferences and MLC Elder Barney and I are training on The Higher Law as taught by Jesus Christ. I've learned so much as we've been teaching that -- it's funny how that works.

On Saturday I got to go on exchange with Elder Preece who's serving in Dundee right now -- he's the man!

And, of course, Saturday and Sunday were General Conference. I learned more than I probably ever have in any previous General Conference. I can't tell if that's because I care more now or if it was just a really, really inspired conference.

Probably both.

One of my favorite talks was by Elder Klebingat, who spoke words that rang true to me; specifically about trusting in God's voice and taking control of our own lives. It focused on finding God's will for us personally and doing everything in our power to align our lives with that course.

There were many consistent themes throughout the conference (though I didn't get to watch the last session because of time difference). A few of them I noticed were constant truth, agency, priorities, self-questioning, revelation, and following God's voice.

As you think about these themes they become very similar and in line with each other! I feel like I received specific guidance in this conference as to how I can change, as well as a renewed desire TO change. Hopefully permanently.

I love you all -- thank you for your prayers and your care.

Elder Clement

Elder Barney planning

Our four-man flat nightly fun

No comments:

Post a Comment