Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13: Monday already?!

How's it goin?

This week has flown by faster than a tinker on a horse carriage!

We had our Zone Development day on Monday -- that was neat. It was nice to get to know some of the missionaries better and to play some sports! In the evening we got to watch The Best Two Years; so cool!! It was way different watching it now as I's a missionary. Still hilarious, but had a great impact on me spiritually, too!

For those who haven't seen it it's about four elders in Holland who live in a flat together and experience the hardships of missionary life in northern Europe. One of them experiences struggles with motivation and testimony as he approaches the end of his mission, but re-commits himself to serving God and experiences miracles as a result.

I think sometimes as humans we limit ourselves to a point where there is no room for growth in things spiritual, physical, or mental. But it's amazing to think that the happiest people I know are people who seek to grow in those functions! Hopefully we can all to a bit better with that as a focus and strive to push ourselves a wee bit more each day.

Wednesday and Thursday were Glasgow and Paisley zone conferences, and they were both great. After that I got to exchange with a wonderful missionary called Elder de Vries -- he's from Canada and has consistently had a successful mission because of his attitude and desire. He taught he heaps on Friday.

On Saturday I spent the day in Glasgow with Elder Davis from Australia. We had a great day together -- I would love to serve in a big city like Glasgow! We got king kebabs before fast Sunday and it was the worst decision of my life... We met some funny people as well; one man had a full 'glasgow smile' (scars across his cheeks starting at the lips). It's been a while since I've seen one of those!

It really makes me sad to meet so many people every day who literally have no hope for the future and also desire no hope. I don't know how satan can convince people to not even want happiness! I never realized how many people's lives are founded on drug addiction and crime. On Saturday alone we met more than 3 or 4 people who told us about how they recently got stabbed or got out of jail or both.

I'm lucky to have a hope for the futue; not just for myself but for these people that I love. Someday they'll experience resurrection and glory beyond what this world has to offer! Go Jesus.

Church was great yesterday. Martin and Lisa both bore their testimonies (studs) and things are going great for their family.

I love you all so much! Thanks for your shining example of hope!

Elder Clement

King kebab

A hilarious book -- The Four Gospels in Braid Scots. I don't know if yall will think its funny but it is!!

  so funny...


Pictures from our morning exercise today.


No comments:

Post a Comment