Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27: Why do I travel so much?!

This week was great!

I love seeing the effects of long periods of prayer. I've been praying over lots of things recently and seeing God reach down a helping hand in His time is just amazing!

On Tuesday I flew to Belfast to exchange with Elder Benesch in Bangor. We had a great time together there on Wednesday -- Elder Benesch was my fourth companion so it was neat to learn from him again.

On Thursday Elder Barney and I had to spend lots of time planning trainings for upcoming conferences. I don't know how this happens -- as soon as we finish conferences we start planning for new ones! Crazy.
It's good though! I love trying to figure out what missionaries need help with and asking for God's help in how to address their needs.

Thursday and Friday nights we spent the night in Dundee as I spent Friday in Aberdeen with Elder Christensen. Ach that was just fantastic! Elder Christensen was my third companion and he is still the same excited, loving missionary! But it's amazing how much he's changed, as well!

Sunday was the Primary Presentation at church -- it was so funny and awesome. Summer and Ethan (Martin & Lisa's kids / recent converts) did so well singing and giving talks.
As well, we felt the time was right to go by our friend Heather who nearly got baptised but needed a break, so we went by and it just happened to be the perfect time! She wants us to start coming back and I'm really excited.

We've got a few other new investigators recently -- two of them are a husband and wife from Malawi. He is in the army here, so they're stationed by the base in Penicuik. Teaching Africans is the best! There aren't enough here in Scotland!

Speaking of Africans, we had dinner at some member's called the Makadenge's yesterday. They're from Zimbabwe and just great people! I told them about my uncle Richard serving a mission in Harare as they fed us some awesome food from home. There's some fun cornmeal-based stuff you eat with your hands -- it's called sadsa.

Life is good here in Scotland! I love my mission too much. I love helping people, so let me know if yall need help or any prayers I can send your way!

Elder Clement


For P-day we played 'yoga football'. It wasn't even raining and we still got covered in mud!

We finally got to go to half of a district meeting!

Aberdeen with Elder Christensen. I think it looks more like Park City there than Scotland!



No comments:

Post a Comment