Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21: Island

This week was really great!

I love being a missionary away from all the corruption and vanity of this world!

I had the chance to spend much of the week with Elder Dyches of the Europe Area Presidency and Second Quorum of the Seventy. He and his wife arrived at the Mission Office on Tuesday and we toured the mission through multi-zone conferences.

Elder Dyches is an inspiring man! It was such a great privilege to have so much time to learn from him and get to know him and Sister Dyches.

On Thursday we flew to Dublin for the Ireland Conference -- it was good to be back on the Emerald Isle. We have fantastic missionaries in this mission!

After the conference we drove up to Northern Ireland with the Belfast zone leaders and spent Friday and Saturday with them. Bangor is still great :)

Elder Windhausen and I got the chance to teach the Gibsons (a family I was working with when I served there) and it looks like Gus is going to be baptised on August 2nd. How exciting for him!

Our proselytizing area is doing really well, too. We brought President and Sister Brown with us to teach Denise and saw her a few other times throughout the week. She is pretty excited for her baptism!

Martin and Lisa and the kids are still on top of the world. They're very excited to be back at church and the members are doing a good job at welcoming them back.

I learned a lot this week, but I think one of the main principles was that it's good to work hard -- 110% -- all the time; it doesn't matter if you're tired or overwhelmed! It's funny, you can talk to any missionary and ask them when the happiest time in their mission was; guaranteed they will say when they were working the hardest. So why do we not just work hard all the time?

DTHT is my new motto: Do The Hard Thing!

I love missionary work. I love people, even when they put on a mean mask! And most of all I love God for my life and yours, and the ability to learn and grow.

Take care.. or else!

Elder Clement


Mission Conferences:




No comments:

Post a Comment