Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28: Fancy

Hey all,

I can't believe it's already been another week! I really enjoy my life right now.

I've been praying pretty earnestly recently for our friends Martin & Lisa. They're going through a lengthy court case that had been going on for over 5 years and it's keeping them from being baptised. They really have the desire to and it's been hard since it's out of their control. After praying for a few days consecutively about their court case and those involved, they called us and told us that they found out it should be finished by mid-September! It was a huge answer to my prayers (and theirs, I'm sure).

On Tuesday we travelled out to Galashiels, and, for the first time since I've been serving as assistant we got to go to district meeting! Yay!

The rest of the week I was in Ireland on exchanges there. Thursday was Dublin with my last companion, Elder Stoker. It was actually his year mark so we got kebabs! Those things are killer -- I've been breaking out ever since.

On Friday I was in Limerick with another past companion of a sort, Elder White. We were in the same flat and branch when I was in Galway and he had a huge positive impact on me. It's Elder White's last transfer and he's still going strong! On Saturday he had the chance to baptise someone we taught together in Galway -- her name is Trish Christy. That really meant a lot to me.

Saturday I got back to Edinburgh and we went straight from the airport to our Ward BBQ. By barbeque I mean hamburgers and grilled chicken.. . It was tons of fun and really helped us grow our relationships with ward members! -- Especially the youth.

Denise is doing really, really well. She continues to change and develop and is receiving a more sure witness daily that this is God's path for her. She has so many trials and despite all odds she unflinchingly moves forward. We're so excited for her baptism on Saturday.

We also got to teach our friend Samuel on Saturday night -- he's eager to learn and he's preparing for baptism on September 13!

I had someone tell me this week that the day of miracles is over. I stand as a witness that there is no statement more false! I see consistent miracles daily and weekly and I know that God watches out for every one of His children who humbly follow Him.

Thank you for the prayers and support you lend to those people we're teaching. I love y'all!

Elder Clement


Elder Dyches (Area Seventy) and Sister Dyches from last week's conferences

Kebabs with Elder Stoker


A gypsy in Limerick riding a bareback horse in the middle of the city centre. Only in Ireland!


No comments:

Post a Comment