I hope you've all enjoyed your week! It's been a good one here in Edinburgh.
This week was Moves Week, so beginning with last Monday we were driving people around and preparing missionaries for transfers.
Tuesday was all of the departing missionaries' last day and it was good to be with them! We had 11 elders going home. I wasn't incredibly close to any of them, but many of them were good missionaries. Hiking up Pratt's Hill with them was really nice -- all of the tourists at the top of the hill gather and stare at us every time we group up there and sing High on a Mountain Top.
Coming to see some of their parents pick them up on Wednesday was pretty funny. Mostly just because it's fun to see how much they take after their parents!
On Wednesday we also got to welcome 20 new missionaries into the mission. It was good to finally meet each of them after staring at pictures of their faces for 3 weeks. They're all so excited and ready to serve. It's amazing!
After they arrived we went up Pratt's Hill with all of them and the trainers. I love hearing all of the new missionaries squeal as they drive on small UK roads for the first time!
I remember my first day in the field; being at the mission office and hiking Pratt's Hill. I remember how scared and nervous and mold-able I was. As I look back I can see how much I've changed, although it just seems like yesterday! It's incredible to change.
Thursday was New Leadership Training, where we trained the new district leaders and sister training leaders. They're all champions!
Throughout the week we were also able to teach our friend Denise. She is so great! She is progressing really well and keeping all of the commitments we've left with her. She also came to church yesterday! The members fellowshipped her really well and I think she enjoyed it. We're excited to work with her more and help her progress and change.
Life is great for me. I have really come to love sharing this message of truth with everyone I see -- something I'm not sure I could've said 6 months ago. The Gospel is the greatest blessing in my life!
Elder Clement
Pratt's Hill
President and Sister Brown
Studs
Pratt's Hill with Departees
Trainers and Trainees on Pratt's Hill
My son, Elder Massey
Me and my fellow Austinite -- Elder Stephen Fisher!
Posterity picture with Grandson (Elder Bates)
No comments:
Post a Comment