Hello everyone!
I can't believe this week was already moves planning again! It seems like just yesterday was transfers... And now we're already preparing to welcome a new group of 20 missionaries into the mission this week.
Moves planning was a good experience again. I love being able to take time to think about each missionary in the mission individually and to consider the Lord's will on their positioning for weeks and months ahead.
We've had quite a few missionaries go home recently due to health issues. It's always so sad to see young people with righteous desires held back from fulfilling their potential. But I do know that God has a greater plan!
An example is one of Sister Kilee Cuff, who recently had to return home from her mission here due to health issues. While Sister Cuff was on the plane home she taught the man sitting next to her about the Gospel for most of the 8 hour flight. By the end of the flight he had committed to baptism, had gained a testimony that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and had read from the Book of Mormon and recognized its divine source. He's now in Texas and is preparing to be baptised.
So for us it's sad to see these friends go, but all of them are meant to be wherever the Lord takes them! I'm sure of it.
This past week has been great for our area, even though we only got to spend an hour or two per day there. On Monday we taught our new friend Denise. She is fantastic and so prepared to accept the Gospel! She's had a really hard life, especially recently, and she knows that God led us to her for a specific purpose. She's excited to find out for herself and to be baptised on August 2nd!
We also taught a new friend named Tony yesterday. He's the man! Tony's wife passed away recently and he's really interested in learning about the afterlife.
On Thursday we had Mission Leadership Council -- it was a great meeting with a good spirit there. Elder Boehme and I had the chance to train the council on self-discipline and expectation.
We talked about the similarity between discipline and discipleship, and how you could compare them to knowledge and understanding. Just as knowledge and spiritual change are required to develop understanding, discipline and spiritual change are required to gain discipleship.
I have a good life. God is good and missionary work is the best.
I love you all!
Elder Clement
Elder Nordfors competing a banana eating contest at Edinburgh Ward BBQ
Elder Lattin after service
No comments:
Post a Comment