Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9: Bipolar Weather

Hello!

I really enjoyed last week -- lots of good stuff happened!

On Wednesday we began our series of Zone Interview Training meetings across the mission. We started in Glasgow; I loved seeing all the missionaries there and meeting new people I hadn't had the chance to meet before!

Elder Boehme gave a little bit of training on the resources God has given missionaries to do His work with more ease, and then we spent the day checking each of the missionaries' daily planners and grading them on how effectively they use it. After they were interviewed by President Brown we would have a little interview with them to help them in ways they can plan more efficiently.
It was great!

Thursday we had Paisley Zone Interview Training and it was held in Irvine. I was so happy to be back there after serving there for 3 months. It sounds like really good things are happening there and that some of the people I had the opportunity to teach are preparing for baptism. How neat is that?

Friday and Saturday I got to spend in Glasgow and Paisley on exchange with the zone leaders there. They were complete opposite days! On Friday the weather was probably the hottest it's been all year -- I was wishing that I had packed a short-sleeve shirt! Then Saturday was a torrential rainstorm literally all day. It usually rains a bit every day but it's not often that it's constant for 12-18 hours.

I really enjoyed both days, though! We had some good success on Friday and not as much on Saturday: people seem a lot more gloomy when it's rainy. But I enjoyed Saturday because it was one of those character building days! I was with Elder Windhausen from Germany and I learned a lot from him on how to have our wetness equally yoked with our cheeriness.

It's a tad bit hard to have a constant vision for success in my own area when I'm away from it for the whole week, but something that Elder Boehme and I were blessed to recognize was that when we're doing all that we can, the Lord fills in the rest.

We got a text on Saturday night from a member of the church in Dalkeith, telling us that a friend of one of the young women had come to YW camp and bore her testimony, and that she was planning on coming to church tomorrow (yesterday).

Yesterday we got to meet her and she had a great time at church! We had a great lesson in Gospel Principles and we asked her if she wanted to begin learning from us. She said yes and we were so happy to just see her feel the Spirit. That's one of my favorite things.

I know that we have a Father in Heaven who is active in our lives. He cares for us deeply and is so willing to help us as we rely on Him!

Have an exceptional week,

Elder Clement

View from hotel in Glasgow

Glasgow with Elder Henrie

Paisley with Elder Windhausen (don't know if you can tell how soaked we are)

Elder Nodfors' feet

No comments:

Post a Comment