This week was great. Elder Taylor and I worked hard and taught a lot! We saw a lot of progress with our friends who are learning about the gospel. Daniella and her family are doing great. Catholic tradition has a good hold on them but we are teaching in a way that helps them replace traditions with truths.
Valentina and Krisz & Betti are great, too! We've also started teaching new people, from Romania and Poland and all sorts of places.
The members of this ward are amazing! I love just seeing people live the gospel -- it's inspiring.
We went over to a South African member's house for dinner this week and she fed us these nice juicy black caterpillars! Yum. If you like crunchy+chewy together that is the right dish for you.
Our Friday the 13th was pretty crazy... We went over to the Murphy's house for dinner and Sister Murphy made too much salsa, so she needed us to go to the store and get more tortilla chips. While we were at this little supermarket -- at the register about to check out -- two men in ski masks rushed in the exit doors and starting yelling at all the cashiers to open the registers. One of them had a big gun and they both had big hammers. They began smashing the desks and putting the money in bags, and then they rushed out. Elder Taylor and I were standing about 8 feet away from them the whole time -- everyone else just flooded out of the store!
Needless to say, it was a pretty scary experience. I just feel bad for Elder Taylor.. it's only his second week out hahahaha.
But we went to another store and got the chips! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
God is good -- I'm alive and well and even if we died, we've got the gospel right?
I'm thankful for God's Plan of Salvation -- He is so loving and all-knowing and personal. I love yall!
Elder Clement
FHE at the Mooney's brings dangerous consequences..
No comments:
Post a Comment