Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9: A New Transfer Begins!

Amazing things happened this week!

Elder Taylor and I have been teaching a lot and also had some good time to find new people -- a perfect way to start his mission!

Our friends Chris and Betti are doing great. We taught them in a few different member's homes this week and they just loved that. They also went to YSA at the stake centre on Thursday. They're really getting tucked in!

Daniella and family are doing well, too, we're just teaching them about the commandments now so hopefully the spirit they felt in our first lessons will drive them to commit! They're an awesome family.

We also made some new friends this week -- we met a Brazilian guy named Emerson a few weeks ago and he seemed so solid! But after a week he stopped answering the phone and we counted it as a loss, but the other day he texted us and told us he ran out of money on his phone and just topped up, and he wanted us to come over that day!

So we went and taught him and his flat-mate and had an amazing, spirit-filled lesson with them. They are just so eager to seek and embrace truth. It's a stark contrast to 99.9% of the people we meet, and I just feel it's a tender mercy from God!

I feels great to be sharing God's truth. We had a young man in our ward give his farewell talk before leaving on his mission to Indiana this week, and my heart just sank as he talked about all the years of preparation that had gone into his departure to serve a mission, "and now it's here! I can't believe it's already here", he said.

As he spoke I just felt so overwhelmed that my time serving God full-time is almost up. I will be so sad to leave.. I just want to give every last ounce of energy until I'm out of breath. The wonderful but empty people of this country deserve it.

I'm grateful for how the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ has shaped my life and given me a fresh view of the world. I have a deep love for a merciful Father in Heaven -- I hope we can all express that love to Him enough!

Elder Clement



gypsy horses



No comments:

Post a Comment