This week has been just fantastic. Saying goodbye to Elder Vasváry wasn't the greatest, but we had a good time serving together!! We celebrated by going over to an awesome South African woman's house for dinner. She fed us a meal called mohoda, which is a fried sheepskin. It was crazy but had a nice flavour!!!
On Wednesday I woke up early and took a flight with a couple of other missionaries to Edinburgh. We arrived at the mission home in the morning and waited there for all the new missionaries to arrive from the England MTC. It was just a small group of them, so I got to spend the whole day getting to know all the different elders who could be my last companion!
Going up Pratt's Hill with the new group was madness -- it was pretty much a blizzard going up! It snowed like crazy all day and night on Wednesday. Honestly I prefer it to rain!
Around 4PM we found out our companionships, and my new greeny's name is Elder Benjamin Taylor from Fort Worth, Texas. Haha! What are the odds? He's really nice! We'll have some fun together.
Wednesday was so awesome to me. A big part was because I was back where I just lived for 8 months, and seeing all of the wonderful office staff and President and Sister Brown, but a big part was because Elder Barney (my last companion) was a stud and set up for me and him to go teach our investigators Nick and Cara that we found together a few months ago!
Teaching Nick and Cara was amazing! They are so incredible and have still been progressing well since I've been gone. Nick even switched shifts with someone at work so he could be there!
We arrived back in Ireland on Thursday night after a long bus, ferry, bus, bus, car journey. The rest of the week has been great! I have no idea what I'm doing training a new missionary -- I just feel bad for him! Haha.
Our friends are doing great. Valentina is still preparing to get baptised on February 14, and we're teaching a Slovakian family that's excited to be baptised on Feb. 28. Chris and Betti are awesome as well -- it will be fun to try teaching them without Hungarian!
All these friends came to church yesterday and it was great -- Clonsilla Ward is amazing!
I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It has changed my life and it will continue to change the world until the work is done!
Elder Clement
View from Pratt's Hill. Hike number 15!
It was a long bus ride...
No comments:
Post a Comment