We had so much success in the midst of tons of opposition -- it was amazing! I think all the blessings came as we became fixed with a determination and relied on God to know where to go and what to do.
Our Italian friend Valentina is doing very well -- she was taught a few times by Italian missionaries this week and she's just happy!
We were able to teach 13 new people this week; so many new friends that already make my life fantastic! One couple is a young Hungarian boyfriend and girlfriend who just moved here and are interested in finding God's path for them, learning english, and meeting new young people like them. You already know that we've got just the place for them!! It's great teaching them. They have awesome questions and they're really smart!
We just had tons of experiences this week where we went somewhere or talked to someone and it was confirmed to us afterward that we were led by God!
One example is on Saturday -- we had a little bit of free time so we went to try by a potential investigator. We parked the car and said a prayer, and I remember saying "please bless us with opportunities to find new people to teach from this try-by, whether it be from people we meet on our way or from her or her family." After I said the prayer I was confused as to why I said something about 'on the way to her house', because we had parked on her street (about a 15-second walk).
Anyways, we got out of the car and literally within seconds a couple turns a corner and we stop them. The man right away says that he's not interested and keeps walking, but the woman just stops and says to him "No -- I want to hear this." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Her name is Lucy and she's so prepared it's crazy! We'll see her tomorrow.
Valentina and Chris + Betti came to church yesterday. After church we had a couple appointments fall through, and in deciding what we should do we felt prompted to call up a potential who we've never actually met, and for the first time he said we could come over!
We ended up teaching him and his family and invited them to prepare to be baptised at the end of February. They're really excited to learn!
God is amazing. He is so powerful and loving and much much much smarter than we are.
This whole transfer it's been really tough for us to find people to teach, but with a reliance on God's timing and a desire to adopt His infinite love, we found success and happiness and were able to share that with others.
The only down-side to this week is that we found out Elder Vasváry will move to Scotland this week. I'll be getting a brand new greeny companion, so that means I'll go to the mission home in Scotland this week to pick him up. It will be another great week! I love my mission.
Elder Clement
No comments:
Post a Comment