Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5: And a grand new year

Hey everyone!

It's been a great week -- so much has happened! New Years was fun, but I'm very glad the holidays are over.

Our investigators the Fury Holders from south London are doing really well; we gave them a church tour this week and taught them about scripture study and prayer. Their family is amazing! They will find so much happiness in the Church.

We also got a new investigator named Joel the other day -- he is a stud! He's from Malawi and he really likes the idea that God speaks today and feels like our message is true. He's very busy, but we hope he'll continue to progress and be baptised in early February.

Something that's really helped me out recently is just the time I have to study the Gospel! I felt like we never got personal or companion study when I was in Edinburgh and now it's just so wonderful to be learning so much from the Prophets and Apostles every day.

I had an amazing experience while reading in Acts this morning:

I was reading about Peter preaching to the Jews, and just about how bold he was in his testimony of Jesus because he knew with a perfect knowledge that Jesus Christ had been resurrected. Despite his powerful testimony and the witness of the other disciples, and despite the fact that the Jews believed in the prophecy from Moses that 'A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me;' They rejected Peter's testimony and threatened him and the disciples to cease preaching about this Jesus Christ.

They responded by saying 'For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.'

When I read this I immediately saw the parallel between the life of these anceint Apsotles and the life of Joseph Smith. He saw God, he saw angels, he claimed to have found the truth, and although the people of his time believed in former prophets, apostles, visions, angels, they rejected his testimony (and the testimonies of his witnesses) and told him that he was a heretic.

His personal response was boldly humble; he said 'I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation.' 

I know that the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is God's truth. I'm learning so much daily about God's love for His children as I try to adopt His mindset and feelings for everyone we pass in the street. I love you all -- you're remarkable!

Talk soon,

Elder Clement

picture from Christmas Skyping!


Frosty!

Elder Vasváry! My Hungarian comp.

Filipino food on new years

Irish traveller street!

Some pictures of my last day in Edinburgh


No comments:

Post a Comment