This week was great here in Edinburgh! It was Moves Week, so there was lots of commotion and many things to do. We sent home 13 missionaries who have fought the good fight. Seven of those missionaries were the sisters that were in my group coming into the mission. I can't believe they've already gone home, but at the same time they've all changed so much. I don't know when we all learned how to teach the Gospel!
We also had 16 new missionaries come in; they all seem really prepared to be here and that makes me happy! One of them is from Kyle, Texas (just south of Austin) and I already like him a whole lot. His name is Elder Villanueva.
Going up Pratt's Hill with the new missionaries was crazy... the weather was HORRIBLE. I mean, it's always horrible compared to Texas, but it was a torrential rain/windstorm. I'm just glad nobody got blown off the rocks of the hill! It was pretty fun.
Besides that, our area in Dalkieth has been doing really well. We have a good group of friends that we're teaching now. We found some new friends this week named Nick and Cara and they are so prepared! Nick believes in God and his dad was a minister in the Church of England, and Cara doesn't believe in God. They are really really nice and we've had a few good lessons with them.
To top off a great week, my stresses were finally relieved this morning when I passed my practical driving test in Galashiels. I'm now a full UK license holder. Yipee! The test was pretty crazy but my examiner liked us 'mormon lads' so I was lucky.
But really I know it wasn't luck, nor are any of the good things in my life. Every good gift comes from God and I owe everything to Him. I hope we can all have an influential week in the lives of others this week, to help everyone recognise our indefinite dependency on our Father in Heaven.
I love you all dearly. Write me!!!
Elder Clement
Departing and incoming missionary groups
The Hansens are leaving!
Service at Martin and Lisa's always involves moving snakes!
No comments:
Post a Comment