Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1: What's good, turkey?

We had a great week this week. Super hectic but lots of nights where falling asleep was easy!

On Tuesday the Dublin zone leaders blitzed our area here in Dalkeith, so I got to spend a good day with Elder Austin. It was a cold day and I guess some stress was getting to me, so I ended up developing a fever of 100.3 degrees. Luckily with a good night's rest, prayers were answered and I was fine by morning! No time even wasted :)

Wednesday was Mission Leadership Council. President Brown focused a lot on the new initiative the Church has brought forward for missionary efforts in the Christmas season -- a campaign called 'He is the Gift'. It's a fantastic program and a great way to help people see past the commercialism at this time of year! A link to the website is here: http://www.mormon.org/christmas

Elder Barney and I trained the missionaries on developing the faith to find people to teach. We used Alma 32 in the Book of Mormon to exaplin that having faith that God is preparing people to receive the Gospel is the same as faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. It was a great day with amazing missionaries! I'm so lucky to learn from the best.

On Thursday and Friday we finished up our zone conferences in Paisley and Glasgow. And we even got a little Thanksgiving meal while we were in Glasgow! That was nice. It was a bit better than the mac+cheese I had last year!

Saturday was a good day -- I got to spend the day on exchange with the missionary I trained 16 months ago -- Elder Massey. It was so good to be with him again. I can't believe how much he's grown and developed and now he's serving as a zone leader in Glasgow. Where does time go? He taught me a lot on Saturday.

I love missionary work. It's the greatest. Our friend Cara came to church yesterday and that made us happy. In other news, I'll be travelling Scotland this week with lots of missionaries in a Christmas choir. It's been a lot of hard work so far -- but should turn out okay!

I love you all! Stay sweet.

Elder Clement

Edinburgh City centre last P-Day






Elder Barney representing how we roll in the SIM


Elder Massey!




No comments:

Post a Comment