Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Adventures of Elder Clement: September 9

How're ye keepin'?

This week has been normal! Not really sure what to talk about.. the days just flow here!

We tried to focus a lot on bringing members to lessons this week, but a lot of appointments fell through and we didn't get to meet our goal. That's okay, though. I know that God provides miracles as we purify ourselves and focus on our own improvement.

We had zone meeting this week -- it was really focused on actions we can take to lead Limerick District to become a stake.

This upcoming week is going to be very busy. It's also week 5 of this moves, so we get moves call on Sunday. It probably won't affect Elder Massey and I, but all of us in the flat think that Elder White is moving.

Something I've been focusing on this week has been patience. I'm not a naturally patient person, but a mission is the best place to learn.

I've found that patience is such an important quality in all aspects of our lives. I need to be working every day to be patient with my companion, with members of the branch, with investigators, and with people I meet in the street. Why should I be more patient with some of those than others? What keeps us from being patient with those that matter most; namely those we spend the most time with?

I was studying about patience this week and I came upon 2 Peter 1:6 --

  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.


I'm not sure whether Peter placed these qualities in a hierarchy of importance, but it's clear the order our minds should be in as we try to perfect ourselves each day. If patience precedes godliness, what level of import should we be placing on developing patience in every action?

I'm going to make this a focus this week, and I encourage all to do the same!

I love you all!

Till next week,

Elder Clement

"Me and the awesome senior couple, the Crabbs!"


No comments:

Post a Comment