Happy day (as Grampa Jamison would say)!
I got rebuked by Mum for not being detailed enough in my emails.. so I'll try to remember everything that happened this week!
We had a pretty eventful week --
It began with P-day last Monday when we went to the Cliffs of Moher again for Elder Massey and Elder Dalton. I've still never seen anything cooler!
We then had District Meeting in Limerick on Tuesday, after which we decided to get some kebabs in Limerick City Centre. Elder White and I also stopped into this Asian market to buy some asian pears.
On Wednesday Elder Massey and I went back down to Limerick for Smart Start (so much travel this week!!). If y'all don't remember, Smart Start is a meeting for trainees in their first transfer and their trainers -- essentially to help new missionaries develop good habits and teaching skills early in their mission experience. It was a good meeting -- it helped me see exactly what progress Elder Massey has made in relation to others in his group and what I need to do to help him improve in the next transfer of his training. I think he's doing great, though! He kills it in role plays and has really learned to teach to people's needs.
We've been doing a lot of role plays each morning to perfect and tune his teaching. He's a good sport with me.. I'm not the easiest on him.
After Smart Start we all went to Eddie Rockets, which is pretty much the most American diner you could find in this country. As a result, I payed €12 for a burger... yay.
We had an interesting experience when we got back to Galway on Wednesday... We tried by our Brazilian investigator, Bruna, and talked to her for a bit with her daughter translating to Portuguese for us. She told us that she had read the entire Book of Mormon, prayed about it, and received an answer from God that it was true and that Joseph Smith was a Prophet. We were ecstatic. She then went on to tell us that she could and would not change religions, because she loves her brazilian church and she is happy there. We tried to resolve her concerns in every way possible -- I was actually fairly impressed with some of the resolutions that came to Elder Massey and I as we spoke to her -- but her feelings did not change and thanked us for our help.
I'm still not really sure what to take from that experience.. We'll try by in a couple of weeks with one of our Brazilian branch members to see if the Lord has softened her heart a bit by then.
Elder Luna (Zone Leader) and I got to go on exchanges in Galway this week. We had the opportunity to extend a baptismal invitation to an investigator missionaries have been teaching since before I got here. He is slow moving and I think he's lost sight of our purpose in meeting with him. We had a very spiritual lesson and we hope he'll have the desire to progress now!
On Friday we got to give service for one of the branch members and it ended up being 5.5 hours of work, wow! It was a lot of fun, though. I got to do some weed-eating for the first time in a long time. It almost made me miss Texas summers.
We struggle in Galway to get appointments to meet less-active members, but we got to meet with a few this week and we have a dinner appointment with a very less-active individual this evening! It should be fun.
I have a talk on Sunday on the 10 commandments... It was an interesting subject but I enjoyed it.
After church we had dinner at a part-member family's home and Alex, the recent convert, made a Texas sheet cake for us/me! I didn't know what a 'Texas sheet cake' was until her brother helped me realize that I probably just know it as a 'sheet cake'. She wanted it to be so Texas-y that she made it in the shape of the beautiful Lone Star State and tried to mix the icing perfectly to be burnt orange! It was very nice of her and only made me trunky a little bit.
Also, Sister Wilson made Bulgogi for us this week! I was so happy. it was delicious. She went to extreme effort to do it and it turned out great! We love the Wilsons.
We got moves call last night and Elder Massey and I are staying here for the rest of his training, Elder Dalton is staying and we're getting a missionary named Elder Elliot here to be his companion, and Elder White is leaving to Dundee, Scotland! We're sad to see him go.
My spiritual though for today will come mostly from a mormon message you can find at:
Mom sent me the original talk this video speaks about in a letter, but here President Utchdorf speaks about God's will in our lives. I've found very quickly that the results I see on my mission are on a timetable apart from my own and that the only way I see success is by relying on the Lord.
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isaiah 41:10
I love you all!
Elder Clement
No comments:
Post a Comment