Thursday, March 20, 2014

Bangor: January 27

How's things?

This week has been absolutely mental.

Monday and Tuesday were full of meaningful moments as I said my goodbyes to friends in Irvine. It wasn't as hard to leave ad Galway, surprisingly. I will definitely miss it but I'm looking forward to new adventures!

New adventures came. Wednesday was moves day; we spent all day travelling by bus and by ferry. I met Elder Luna and other missionaries when we arrived in Belfast -- that was great!

The rest of the week is just a blur. We spent most of our time moving around other missionaries and making sure everyone was safe and sound. I also had to become acquainted with the zone and our efforts here. Elder Luna and I have been spending a lot of time planning and setting goals for this transfer. I'm really excited for the good things that are going to happen here!

Elder Luna is great. A little bit about him:

He's from Anaheim, California
He worked at Disneyland
He loves video games

And that's pretty much all you need to know!

This is Elder Luna's last transfer before he goes home. He's been such an incredible example to me of Christlike love. He'll continue to teach me every day till he leaves, I'm sure!

Working in this zone will be really fun -- We cover all of Northern Ireland, and this is the biggest zone in the mission (34 missionaries, yikes!!).

Northern Ireland is an interesting place. It's attached to the Republic of Ireland but is a completely separate nation with different currency, accents, history, etc. Northern Ireland is part of the UK, when Ireland is not.

Most of the culture and the history here is related to Protestant vs. Catholic disputes that have been going on for centuries. The culminating wars and terrorist acts happened a few decades ago, but much malice and bitterness remains. It's crazy how simple some reasons are for such atrocious events.

Northern Ireland is definitely a unique place. I'm really excited to serve here. In places where ignorance is spread everywhere God still prepares people to find the truth.

I love you all!

Elder Clement

P.S. For anyone who wants it, my new address is:

4 Ava House
Clandeboye Road
Bangor
BT19 1QB
Northern Ireland

The best recent convert ever, Michael

Brother George Craig

The Pentleton's

Aaron and Jacqui (and Cody Lee)

No comments:

Post a Comment