Thursday, March 20, 2014

Moves Week: March 10

Hello again!

I love you all! It's pretty cool to be alive, eh?

This week has been busy as always with moving around about half of our zone and getting a new load of missionaries in. I spent the first half of the week with my favourite Elder Sewell.

Tuesday was national pancake day here in the UK. Pancakes here are crepes..... Silly British.

Wednesday was moves day and there weren't too many emergencies or anything! We spent the day in Belfast and it was good to welcome all the missionaries going to Dublin and Limerick Zones to Ireland as they got off the ferry and passed through here. For the first time since the MTC I got to see my roommate Elder Parks! He's been serving in the Shetland Islands for the past 6 months ((if you don't know where that is, please take the time to look it up on maps.google.com)). He's now headed down to Dublin. It was crazy to see him again.. I felt like a greenie missionary again for the few minutes we were talking. It really feels like yesterday!

I also got to meet up with Elder Stoker on Wednesday! He seems really good; I'm excited to work with him. He's from Pleasant View, Utah. He graduated from high school in 2013 and turns 19 this month! Crazy.

Wednesday was also P-day this week and I went to get a haircut. Our normal barber here was closed so we went to a new place and it was an interesting experience... I spent 20 minutes getting a haircut and getting verbally abused for my beliefs and life decisions! Haha! It was pretty funny. £9 for haircut and a show. This barber was telling me how much I'm wasting my life and ruining other people's lives in the process.

I just feel really bad for the guy! I mean, I could just feel the sadness coming from him as he was talking about all the 'fun' I could be having in my youth. It's so true how hollow and incomprehensibly empty life is when one fills time, energy, and opportunity with short-term 'fun'.

Thursday we had dinner at the Peacocks -- I love them! We talked more about their son Daniel who's in the MTC on the way to Hong Kong. In contrast to my haircut, we talked about the amazing change that was wrought in Daniel as he decided to put his life on hold to serve a mission and the lasting happiness that will come from that.

We've spent a lot of this week working on finding new people to teach. Our pool is pretty empty right now and I'm trying not to feel empty as a result. I just wish people could KNOW how much the Gospel of Jesus Christ blesses us!! But little wonder that God doesn't make it that easy.

Time is so precious in this life. Opportunities are so few. All humans are in need of spiritual nourishment and it's impossible to fill that void with hollow 'fun'. That's like trying to get a 6-pack with a bag of potato chips! Elder Christofferson has an awesome series on this idea found at http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=2649250157001 .

The Gospel is so cool. I love sharing that with people -- cause it's true even if you don't want to hear it. But when you do, there's always a hand outstretched!

I love you all. Take care.. or else!

Elder Clement 


We had a pretty stinky smell in our flat for a week or so. This morning we finally found out the reason!

Yay for moves planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment