This week has just flown by. I can't believe this transfer is already on a downhill. I'ts getting really really cold here! It's only November and I'm already wearing everything I have for the winter. Everyone keeps talking about how it's supposed to be the coldest winter in Great Britain since 1942.
Anyways.. what did we do this week?
District meeting was good on Tuesday. The Irvine sisters' friend Michael, who was recently baptised, came to district meeting to share some of his experiences. It was really powerful and I hope it motivated some of the missionaries a bit.
After the meeting on Tuesday I went to Johnstone in Paisley to go on exchanges with Elder Dustin. It felt good to drive that little mission Meriva again!
Elder Dustin and I had a pretty good time, though. Different missionaries do work in different ways, and Elder Dustin and I don't have a lot in common when it comes to how we do the work, so it was an interesting experience.
We spent about an hour doing service at a Salvation Army, did some finding in the city centre (that mostly involved talking about family history), and took some birthday cards to some people who haven't been to church in quite some time. It was a big departure from what I'm used to and I think I'll stick to sharing the gospel the old fashioned way.
Elder Dustin is a great missionary and he taught me quite a bit about obedience and its importance this week.
The rest of the week was pretty good -- we finally made some new friends and we're beginning to see success in our area. On Friday I went on exchange in Kilmarnock again with Elder Goldie and we came up with some great ideas on how he can get along better with his companion.
Alec didn't come to church this week, so unfortunately he won't be able to be baptised on the 14th. We'll keep working with him and set some new goals for him to work toward!
In better news, the sisters in Irvine are working with an awesome man named Douglas who was prepared by God. He felt an undeniable Spirit from the moment he read the Restoration pamphlet and he's been excited to be baptised ever since. I'm looking forward to interviewing him this week!
Yesterday Elder Christensen and I had some homemade haggis! It was pretty good. Pictures attached.
I hope you're all doing well and have a fun thanksgiving this week!
Love,
Elder Clement
This is a picture I took at NOON. Look at where the sun is! This is what happens in the winter when you're nowhere near the equator! (p.s. don't let the clear sky deceive you -- it was freezing.)
Me and Bro. Torrance
Me at some creek that is cooler in person
HAGGIS - before
HAGGIS - after
No comments:
Post a Comment