This week has been jam-packed with adventure.
Last P-day we went to paisley to play ultimate frisbee with a bunch of the other missionaries in the zone. It was a lot of fun, but we got covered in mud! Welcome to Scotland.
Tuesday was probably the highlight of the week. We had Zone Conference and received awesome training from President Brown, the assistants, and some of the other mission leadership. It took up most of the day on Tuesday, but well worth it!
On Wednesday I went on exchange in Kilmarnock with Elder Goldie. We spent some good time together and I'm looking forward to finding how we can both become better missionaries this transfer. He's a good guy! He's from California and plays soccer, and he's been out a little longer than me. It was nice getting to know him and learning from him.
Thursday and Friday were pretty good -- we're getting lots of potential friends to work with -- just hopefully some of them start keeping appointments! Elder Christensen is doing great. I think we're both learning and he's definitely teaching me a lot about humility and patience. I'm trying to not be frustrated with his trainer and some of the wicked traditions of his fathers that have been lingering in this area for too long.
On Saturday I went down to Kilmarnock again to exchange with Elder Black! He's great. He's in Elder Massey/Christensen's group and I actually have served in his district for 3 months already. He's very smart and excited to work -- the only quality every missionary needs!
Sunday was good! We fasted as a district to begin a '40 day fast' from things that keep the Holy Ghost from being our constant companion. Tyler Allison (friend from home on a mission in Florida) emailed me the wee talk and info about the fast and it's great! We've all made a list of 10 unholy inclinations and hopefully we'll all see blessings as we purify ourselves and put in the effort.
I can't say the work is slow here, but we're definitely waiting upon the Lord for some new friends to teach! We're teaching a guy named Alec who's been taught by missionaries before. He's finally getting over his smoking addiction and he's preparing to be baptised on December 14th! We're excited for him.
I'm greatly enjoying my time here in Irvine. Elder Christensen and I are probably going to eat some haggis today.
:)
Elder Clement
Eld3r Christiansen and me
Me and Sister Lewis the legend!
No comments:
Post a Comment