Reflecting back on this week it doesn't seem like it should've been good at all; not much went as expected and some of our plans failed miserably. Nevertheless, I had a wonderful week and I've learned how to fall down, shake some dirt off, and re-adjust.
Last Monday we met with Alec and he decided he isn't ready to make the commitment to be baptised. He has a few different concerns and obstacles that he thinks will take some time. For lack of a less cheesy term I was heartbroken. We were so excited for Alec and this huge step he was about to take, but change is hard for some people and I'm still learning to understand what a commitment like baptism means to a pre-conditioned Scot who has grown up in a society full of theft, drugs, drink, domestic abuse, and sheer poverty.
After that we put our coats on and went into the rain this week. I have a fixed determination to do something good with the time I have left in Irvine.
We had district meeting on Tuesday and I decided to instruct on setting goals and making plans to achieve them. After the meeting we went on exchanges with the zone leaders and I got to spend the day in Irvine with Elder Austin Jones from Las Vegas. We had a good time together and he helped me to lift my head up a bit higher and to finish this transfer with meaning.
I got pretty tired of tracting in the cold rain this week, so when we weekly planned on Thursday we tried to think of new ways we could use the members and our other friends to find new people to teach. God really blessed us in that desire the last few days. We now have opportunities to teach the father of Sister Pendleton, the grandson of an active family in the ward, and a couple who are close friends with Aaron and Jacqui.
There was a lot of good that came from this week! Aaron and Jacqui are doing so well and they are putting up their marriage banns tomorrow so they can be married on Valentine's Day (how precious) and baptised on February the 15th.
This upcoming Sunday is moves call, so we'll see what happens with that. This transfer has flown by!
I've really learned a lot this week. I know that the Lord sent me to Scotland to humble me a bit... He definitely knows best.
I'm so grateful for all of you and your prayers & support.
Next week,
Elder Clement
Sister Lewis' house
Sis Lewis' missionary wall
No comments:
Post a Comment