Looking back at that week it hasn't been too eventful! But some good things happened.
Monday evening was probably the highlight of the week. During the day we went to Belfast for Elder Luna to do some souvenir shopping. Fun stuff. But in the evening we had dinner at the Peacock's -- they're the family who just sent off their son on a mission to Hong Kong!
It was a great night at the Peacock's. Talking to them about Daniel really took me back to my mission preparation and anticipation. We talked a lot with them about the sacrifices of a mission for both missionary and family, and the blessings that come from missionary service. Everyone loves Elder Luna, and it was cool to see the contrast and relationship for this family who has just sent away a son, speaking to someone else's son who is about to return.
We talked about the Restoration of the Gospel and what a blessing it is to us. They're a great family!
On Tuesday Elder Luna and I went down to Belfast again to attend the district meetings of a couple of the districts in our zone. I went in to the Newtownabbey district's meeting and that was good. The district leader there, Elder Cusick, is a powerhouse missionary and he's really tall.
After the meeting I got to go on exchange with another district leader's companion, Elder Stringer. He's from Texas! But Odessa of all places.. haha! He's really good -- I like him.
We also spent a lot of time this week preparing and planning for a member-missionary fireside we are putting on this Sunday. That's going to be lots of fun!
The rest of the week was filled with a lot of administrative duties for the zone in anticipation for moves. I can't believe this is week 5 already! And what that means is it's Elder Luna's last 7 days as a missionary. Wow. I'm going to work him to death.
This week is going to be very, very busy. I'm excited -- busy is good!
The zone seeing some good success -- we're ecstatic for March and what's going to be happening! This week is MLC so that's just another thing to look forward to.
I love you all!
Elder Clement
Let's see if anyone can figure out what we did here...
The long-dead tracting shoes. These effects peaked in December...
No comments:
Post a Comment