How's things? We're doing great here in Bangor.
Last Monday Elder Luna and I went to IKEA in Belfast for lunch --- it's exactly the same as it is in the states. So that was neat! After that, for the first time in ages, I took this cool thing called a NAP. It was only for like 30 or 40 minutes but ooh, was it nice.
On Tuesday we went to Antrim to Elder Henrie's district meeting there. There are some really funny elders in that district, so always very enjoyable. I was hoping to see the Wilson's there down from Coleraine, but they had a Senior Missionaries' Conference in Edinburgh last week. I got to see them at All-Ireland, though, so that was sweet!
The rest of Tuesday to Wednesday I stayed in Antrim to exchange with Elder Henrie. He's from Canada and he's a great missionary -- it's nice to see young missionaries like him who work hard and set an example. For hours on Tuesday it was snowing and Elder Henrie was loving life! I was crying.
On Wednesday we went to Belfast and I met up with Elder Luna and all of the district leaders there to have a District Leader Council. We instructed on uplifting other missionaries and evaluating their strengths and progress! Elder Luna is just awesome when it comes to praising and uplifting others.
After the meeting on Wednesday we popped our tire......... hahaha. People in the UK and Ireland do this funny thing where, (because the roads are so small,) they park half the car on the sidewalk and half of it on the road, so it's just propped up on the curb. Anyways, Elder Luna wanted to park on the curb and I guess it was a pretty sharp one cause he kinda slammed up against it and it made this loud thump as we got up there. Before we got out he said "well, at least we didn't pop the tire!"
Ha! We got out and it was dead. Dumb curb parking!
Right now we're seeing awesome success in some of the people we're meeting. We've been trying to work a lot through the members and wowee, what a way! Tremendous avenues are opening up with part-member families, less-actives, and member referrals. I really like this ward!
On Friday we met this really cool guy called Bill. We were knocking doors in this small village and an old lady invited us in (I like where this is going) and got us some juice and biscuits. She wasn't really too interested, but her friend Bill came over while we were there and he's extremely well-versed in the Bible and a very strong Christian. However, unlike most Christians here, Bill believes in no denomination. He thinks they're all corrupt. We had a great lesson with him about the apostasy of truth that took place in the post first century era and the restoration of Christ's full Gospel to the earth in our day. We'll let you know how things pan out with Bill! We're also going over on Tuesday to teach that old lady how to do family history!
We had a lot of other successes on Friday, and it was probably the best Valentine's Day I've ever had. Ha!
Yesterday was a really good day, too. President McCrudden invited us to attend a bit of the priesthood and Sunday schools for this Ireland Young Single Adult convention in Belfast. That was a great opportunity where we got to talk a bit about member missionary work, and also I got to see some of the YSA I knew from Galway and Limerick!
The zone is seeing massive success right now -- all the teams are really catching the vision we have and, as a result, we'll get to see 5 people across the zone baptised on March 1st!
The chances we're given to live Christ's Gospel in our lives are so great and never a few. I love being here and giving people those chances!
With love,
Elder Clement
No comments:
Post a Comment