It's only been a few days since I last wrote, but some good things have happened since then! Zone Interview Training was great. I really didn't know what the district needed to hear for our district meeting on Tuesday (tomorrow) until we got training on Friday about the Standard of Excellence set by our mission leaders and about doing 'all things that lie in our power' (D&C 123:17).
My interview with President Brown was great -- he's such a great example of Christlike love.
Friday and Saturday I spent on exchange with Elder Black and Elder Goldie, one of those days being in Kilmarnock. It feels good to go somewhere else and help someone's work besides your own.
Saturday we helped out with a stake fundraiser and had a silly cookie dinner at Sister Lewis's.
Sunday we were supposed to have 6 of our friends that we're teaching come to church, and 0 came. We were so sad! Some had emergencies and some we just need to encourage a little more. It's just really helpful for people when they come to church to feel the Spirit and meet the people there.
Today we're meeting with Alec and tomorrow is his baptismal interview! I'm praying all goes well and Elder Benesch and I would both appreciate some prayers on his behalf!
I'm grateful for the work that is being done here and the happiness it brings to our lives as well as the lives of our friends. Hope y'all have a good week!
Elder Clement
Sister Lewis and Julia at the Oakley's on Boxing Day
A view from the hill in Ardrossan
No comments:
Post a Comment