Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Adventures of Elder Clement: December 9

Hello there!

This week has been my favorite week in Irvine thus far. And to make it even better, it was the last real week of this transfer. Elder Christensen and I ended our service together on a high note!

We got moves call last night and Elder Christensen is moving to Cumbernauld in Glasgow zone to follow-up train an Elder Hunter. I'm staying here and my new companion is Elder Benesch.
I'm really excited! It will be sad to see Elder Christensen go, but Elder Benesch is a good missionary and I know we'll enjoy working together. He's in Elder Massey and Elder Christensen's group, so he's been out about 4 months. When I went to pick up Elder Massey at the mission home, before we knew our companions, I talked to Elder Benesch for a long time and we got along well. I think he's from Arizona, and, if I remember correctly, he knows Elder Carmichael from High School (served in our home ward).

This week was great, though.
We made a little fire at the beach last Monday for P-day, then we had zone meeting on Tuesday and Elder Christensen and I did another little skit for part of the sister's training. It was fun.

On Wednesday we had a miracle. We went to try-by some former friends and they invited us in. They explained how they were wanting to come back to church and wanted to be taught by the elders again. To make a long story short, we've taught them 3 times since and they came to church. They're preparing to be married in early January and baptised on the 11th of January. Their names are Aaron and Jackie and they're the bomb.

We're also working with this hilarious 19 yr old guy named David. Let's just say he's a fan of the cannabis. He didn't seem too promising when we began teaching him a couple of weeks ago, and Elder Christensen was worrying about us teaching him..., but this was a great week teaching David. It always kind of seems like he has us over to have a laugh, but on Saturday we gave him and his friend a church tour and they enjoyed it. They said they would come to church yesterday and we were disappointed when they didn't show up.
David called us yesterday evening and asked us if we could come over. It was about 8:50 and we weren't very close, but we rushed over to talk to him and I'm glad we did. He ended up telling us that he and his girlfriend of 3 years had broken up that morning because he's been praying often and he wanted to go to church. He told us that he had thought about it and he wants to be baptised. We set a goal with him for January 18th.

Alec is doing well. He didn't make it to church yesterday because of work, but we'll figure it out with him!

Yesterday we got to attend Douglas' baptism here in Irvine. I had the privilege of baptising him. It was a great experience! Aaron and Jackie got to be there and it made them even more excited for their baptism.

I'm really looking forward to this transfer. so much good stuff is happening, but with the holidays it's going to be crazy. Week 1 I'm going to be travelling Scotland in a little missionary choir, and weeks 2 and 3 are Christmas and New Years. It'll be fun!

I hope you all have enjoyed your week as much as I!

Love,

Elder Clement

The Paisley Zone

Christmas in Irvine

No comments:

Post a Comment