How are you today?? It's another beautiful spring day in Bangor.
This week has been pretty eventful.
Monday was St. Patrick's Day -- I couldn't tell you how crazy that was here because we had to stay in the flat after 6pm. BUT, we were in Belfast during the day and I saw some funny people dressed up as leprechauns and LOTS of kegs being delivered to the innumerable Belfast pubs.
Tuesday I spent the day in Holywood (Belfast area) on exchange with one of our District Leaders, Elder McDonald. He is a cool guy! Elder McDonald replaced me in Galway as he follow-up trained my companion Elder Massey.
E. McDonald and I had a great day! We met an awesome Russian lady who (from what he said on the phone yesterday) they have begun teaching with her husband. They also have another new investigator from a young guy called Daniel who we found in the city centre.
That night we went to one of my favorite places to eat here -- Boojum! I finished my 'frequent flyer' stamp card and got a free T-shirt from getting 40 burritos! Yes.
Wednesday was really good. We had Zone Interview Training, so half of the zone came in the morning and got trained by the Sister Training Leaders, then by us. The other half of the zone showed up aroundnoon and the whole zone had a training from the Assistants. After that, the first half left and we gave the same training for the second half of the zone. Confusing, but not.
After ZIT Elder Sewell and I exchanged in Bangor. Thursday was good for me and for him -- he's in a tough area with no ward, branch, or members.
The rest of the week was fairly calm.. we did a lot of finding with little apparent success. A high note wasSaturday, where we had dinner at the Puckrin's house. They are active members in the ward here. Anyways, I found out that Brother Puckrin served a mission in Scotland Edinburgh under Joseph Fielding McConkie! Goodness me did I enjoy talking with him about that. I hope someday our mission catches the same vision of the message of the Restoration like his did!
I love being here. The work is pretty tough right now.. I'm desperately pleading for someone who is prepared to receive us. The time will come and the individual will come. I learn patience and unrestrained reliance each day.
Stay sweet!
Love,
Elder Clement
Me at the Dark Hedges
A rainbow in Bangor
No comments:
Post a Comment