I'm just now realising that today I've been on my mission for 8 months. Crazy.
This week has been great so far! Last Saturday I had the opportunity to interview a girl named Sheryl prior to her baptism. It was a memorable experience. Sheryl is best friends with a young woman in the ward here in Irvine, and she's been wanting to be baptised for over 10 years. Now she's 18 and her parents have finally allowed that for her. She's already been involved in seminary, institute, visiting teaching, and youth activities! She's a great example.
Sheryl's baptism was Sunday and it was a very spiritual experience for me and for all who were in attendance. The sacrifices we're asked to make truly prepare us for wonderful things! That was definitely the case for Sheryl.
We've been pretty busy this week and it feels like we're beginning to pick up the work again after this long season of melancholy. For New Years yesterday we delivered sweeties to some members of the Church who are less active and then went to the Stake President's house for dinner.
We also got to teach Alec yesterday and his goal to be baptised next Saturday the 11th is looking good. He hasn't smoked in a few weeks now and it seems that he's prepared! That long awaited day is coming soon.
Tomorrow we have Zone Interview Training, so President Brown will come here and we'll get to have interviews with him. The best.
I hope you all have been able to spread some Christmas cheer with someone who is in need this week! I love you -- thanks for all the prayers and Christmas wishes.
Elder Clement
No comments:
Post a Comment