Another week passes in freezing Irvine. We had a great week, but for some reason I can't remember the particulars for what happened! Y'all will have to forgive me.
On Tuesday we had our last district meeting for this transfer and I thought it went pretty well. We talked about finding new people to teach and how we can casually, not awkwardly, stop people on the street and teach them about something that will change their entire lives forever and bring them unimaginable happiness. It's a tough job we've got! But even the simple stuff gets overlooked -- smiling, laughing, asking questions, etc.
Wednesday was pretty good -- we taught Alec and he's just great. He's doing well in his effort to completely overcome his smoking addiction, and we set a new goal with him to be baptised on January 4th. We're going to do what we can to make this a fresh start and a new year for him.
Thursday we had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We did some weekly planning and went with Brother Craig to see Kate Murray. We talked more about her adversity and how faith can help us overcome trials. We went to a wonderful family in the ward's house for dinner, the Pentleton's. She was so kind to make us dinner on Thanksgiving and we had a great macaroni and cheesecake meal!
Yesterday Alec came to church! We had a great Testimony Meeting and it was good to see him talking with people he used to know well.
I really have so much to be grateful for. I can't believe this is already our last week before moves call. We're excited to see some miracles this week.
I love you all!
Elder Clement
The District
Some weird looking UFO clouds in Ardrossan
Our King Kebab for Saturday night dinner
No comments:
Post a Comment