I had a pretty good week! Time flies when you're having fun.
On Tuesday we went on exchange with the district leader in Newtownabbey, and I was with his companion Elder Allen for the day. We had some good times together! That night our dinner appointment forgot we were coming and they weren't home.. when we finally got a hold of them they said they were sending their son with a chinese takeaway for us.. hahaha! It was actually quite nice!
Elder Allen went to BYU-I for a long time (he's 21) before his mission so it was good to talk to him about that!
On Wednesday we did more good ole' planning, then an awesome member of the ward here called Brother Barjett made us pumpkin pie when we went over for dinner! it was the first time I had it in forever. He says the cans of pumpkin are £4 ($7) each, so he just buys fresh pumpkins when they're in season and freezes them!
That night Elder Luna and I travelled for 2 hours down to Dublin to spend the night at the Dublin Zone Leader's. There's a couple in their ward who is serving a senior mission right now, so they have a house! We had 8 missionaries spending the night there.
On Thursday morning we had our All-Ireland Conference with the missionaries from Belfast, Dublin, and Limerick zones. It was awesome!! We got trained by President Brown and the Assistants, as well as and area seventy called Elder Herbertson. It was hectic figuring out travel for all the teams and working with unexpected occurances, but all was well.
Elder Herbertson is the man. AND he's Scottish! He was really funny and also shared some meaningful experiences with us from his own mission.
Elder Luna, Elder Sewell and I got to sing a little musical number for the conference. it was an arrangement of "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go". I thought it went OK!
The rest of the week has been really good. We got to work in our own area and meet with some good people. Our golden friend Kelly dropped us this week, though. Her story is a long one, but we were really sad to see her make the decision to put us away for a while. I know that there's been a seed planted with her that will have an affect on her future happiness!
On Saturday we got to go to the farewell shindig of this awesome young man in our ward. He's called Daniel Peacock and he leaves on his mission today to Hong Kong! He's a legend. We got to meet some of his friends there and that was nice.
Sunday was great! I got to give a talk before Daniel gave his farewell talk, and I'm pretty sure everyone was like 'shut it' as I was talking because they just wanted to hear him. Haha! it's not too often that wards here have youth leaving on missions, so it was a big deal for the ward this weekend!
I love missions and missionary work. What a cool thing, huh? I've been doing a lot of reflecting on the past 9 months of my life recently and there are just so many events and experiences that have molded me.
I'm so grateful to God for my life and for yours. Thanks for constant love!
Elder Clement
Elder Sewell
Elder DANIEL PEACOCK
Elder Luna! (current companion)
No comments:
Post a Comment