Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Adventures of Elder Clement: March 17

Hey gang!

This first week has been quite good! We spent a lot of time training but also a lot of time in our own area -- all because we were able to maximize our use of time!

On Monday evening we had an awesome Family Home Evening at the Noble's (Bishops fam) where we brought our friend Lorraine along. She loved it! Bishop's kids are so good and their family is the perfect mormon family in good ole' Nor'n Ir'n.

On Tuesday we went to a district meeting in Antrim and I spent the day back in Bangor with Elder Pienaar from Johannesburg, South Africa. He's being trained right now -- he's really good!

Tuesday night we got to attend a meeting with the Stake High Councillor over missionary work and all of the Ward/Branch Mission Leaders across the stake. I got to train them a little bit on what more they can do to help the full-time missionaries in their units. Besides my wee training, I thought it was a pretty productive meeting!

On Wednesday we had a District Leader Council where Elder Stoker and I trained a bit on the conversion of missionaries. Good stuff.
That night my favourite Brother Bardgett made us this magical pumpkin cheesecake! Wowee! Definitely a delicacy here.

Friday I spent the day in Coleraine and that was just fantastic. The best part of the day was when we went to the Wilson's for dinner!!!!!!! I miss those two so much from Galway and I'm glad I get to spend a bit of their last 3.5 months with them again! Sister Wilson makes these awesome Book of Mormon framed collages for anyone who takes her challenge to read the 4 gospels! Pretty sweet!

While in Coleraine I also, for the first time on my mission,....... Got to ride a bicycle!!!!!! Now I'm a real Mormon missionary!!!

Saturday was great as well. We met with an awesome older woman called Hazel and later in the day taught her friend Bill. Both great people.
Bill has a beautiful farm out in the middle of nowhere.

In short, my week was great. The weather has been top notch which makes everyone happy. I love being a missionary.

I love you all! Enjoy your week!

Elder Clement


Last Monday we also went to Scrabo Tower in Newtonards (about 10 mins from our flat). It was nice!




Wilsons!

the bike!!

If I haven't told you yet, there are TONS of murals all over Northern Ireland from 'the troubles'. Here are some.





No comments:

Post a Comment