Thursday, March 20, 2014

March Madness: March 3

This week has been crazy!

Because we're approaching the end of the transfer and because it was Elder Luna's last week, there was quite a bit that happened.

On Monday our awesome bishop here in Bangor payed for Elder Luna and I to go to the Titanic Museum in Belfast. The Northern Irish are very proud it was built here. Their catch-phrase is 'built by and Irishman, sunk by an Englishman'.

The museum was so cool!! I learned so much that I never knew before about the history of Belfast, the building of the ship, the departure, crash, and aftermath. It was really, really well done. Lots of pictures to come.

On Tuesday Elder Luna and I drove over to Londonderry for a district meeting there. It's really a quite scenic 2 hour drive. Nice.
For Tuesday and Wednesday I stayed on that half of the island in Letterkenny for an exchange with Elder Fisher.

After I got back to Bangor on Wednesday evening we had stake council -- that was really good. There was a sister missionary who just came back from the Chicago West Mission and we got to be there for her short accounting of her missionary service. What a cool experience! We then trained the stake council a little bit about member-missionary work and committed them to hand out a Book of Mormon to someone this month!

On Thursday morning we flew to Edinburgh for Mission Leadership Council. We had a great meeting where the stake president from Dundee, Scotland came and trained us on leadership, time management, and goal setting. The council session was very productive -- we talked about how we can avoid giving missionaries meaningless invitations and how we can help them become more converted to the Gospel. I love President Brown, he's a great man!

On Sunday everyone at church was so good to Elder Luna -- you can tell that everybody who knows him loves him, because he's so nice!

In the evening we had our ward missionary fireside where we taught the ward members how they can more comfortably invite their friends and colleagues. We had a fun little panel of members who took turns demonstrating and practicing. I think it went well!!

I also got a moves call yesterday to find out my new companion -- he's called Elder Stoker. That's all I really know about him! He must be a really good missionary, cause he's only been on his mission about 7 or 8 months! He came on his mission at the same time as Elder Massey, my second companion. Elder Massey is doing really well -- he's training a new missionary this transfer.

I'm really excited for this transfer. I'm also very nervous.. I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing. Hopefully Elder Stoker will pick up the ropes quickly and help keep me in line!

I absolutely love being here. It was so strange being with a missionary who is going home.. dropping Elder Luna off at the ferry this morning made my heart sink for when that time comes for me. I'm so happy that i still have time left here. I want to try every day to do God's will. It's really the only we we can be truly happy!

Love ya!

Elder Clement

Here are an insane amount of pictures from the Titanic Museum:














Elder Windhausen (from Germany) and me at MLC!

Elder Luna and me celebrating his last MANOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment