How are all of you? I've had another crazy busy week. But it was great!
On Tuesday we travelled all the way to Londonderry in the west of Northern Ireland for a district meeting there. Ellie wanted some pictures of sheep, so I tried to take some blurry lamb shots on our 2+ hour drive there. There are so many sheep everywhere (but just in the country).
After the meeting on Tuesday I got to go on exchanges with my favo(u)rite English person ever -- Elder Timothy Sewell. He's serving in Letterkenny, which is actually the only area in our zone that's in the Republic of Ireland! Crazy. Elder Sewell and I had a great time together and we met some good people who have potential to learn.
While we were exchanging back on Wednesday E. Sewell and I almost died!
First of all, let me tell you about the country roads in Ireland. Since nearly all roads in the country were made long before cars were invented, THEY'RE TINY. I promise that I'm not exaggerating when I say that the entire road is less wide than 1 LANE on a highway in the US. Cars driving in opposite directions really have to work together to get past each other without dying. Also, they have this fun thing called the international speed limit in the UK. You'll see it everywhere and it's 70MPH. So pretty much there are a bunch of roads that they don't want to determine the speed limit for, so they just throw up the international speed limit sign and you can go up to 70MPH.......
Anyways, on Wednesday the GPS took us some crazy country road route (which was actually really beautiful). The roads weren't as narrow on most parts, but there was a point where we were approaching this seriously one-lane bridge, and this guy came FLYING over it in his car. We were cintemeters from getting in a head-on collision and I have no clue how we avoided it! Elder Sewell swerved just enough that we missed him, but not too much where we would've flown off the bridge into a ditch. We still ended up snagging the tire in this huge pothole and blowing the tire/bending the rim, but we came away from it with no other damage!
I thought it was pretty neat.
The rest of the week was pretty wild, as well. Elder Luna and I got to do a bit of work together on Wednesday, but lots of it was more preparation.
On Thursday we flew from Belfast International Airport to Edinburgh for Mission Leadership Council. MLC is essentially a meeting with President Brown, the Assistants, the Zone Leaders, and the Sister Training Leaders where we discuss the goals and actual accomplishments for the zones and what we can do to improve. We then talk about the needs of the mission, and the actual 'council' is a time when the Assistants pose a question and we discuss it. The question we discussed on Thursday was, 'Given that we have a relatively high level of obedience and diligence in the mission, what are we missing that would increase our converting power?'
I really had a great experience at MLC. I learn so much every day from these people who are my mission heroes! I'm so grateful to have this chance to learn. MLC happens once a month -- I'm excited to be able to be a part of that.
After MLC on Thursday we went on exchange with the Assistants. I stayed in Edinburgh with Elder Tinsley, while Elder Luna and Elder McCarthy flew back to Belfast.
I really learned lot from Elder Tinsley on Thursday and Friday! He's very persistent and he's very quick to testify to people about the truth that he's found in his life. On Thursday night we found this awesome lady called Kirsty who we got to teach, then we asked if we could come over on Friday and she said yes. She's great!
We exchanged back on Friday night and it was pretty weird being by myself for 2 or 3 hours in the airport and on the plane..
This weekend Elder Luna and I have been planning like nobody's business. We have an All-Ireland conference coming up this Thursday that we've had to plan travel for, arrange musical numbers, etc.
So the good news is I'm kept busy. The bad news is I'm still adjusting to not having 100% attention on my area and friends who are learning about the Gospel! We'll get there.
I love you all and I think I've yapped too much today.
Next week,
Elder Clement
SO MANY SHEEP
More sheep! and black sheep!
No comments:
Post a Comment