Yet another great week passes in Irvine. We saw miracles and mercies; God never falls short.
On Monday we were invited in to the home of a new friend called John. We're excited to teach him more about who God is and how developing a relationship with Him can help us and give us direction.
Tuesday was our last district meeting of the transfer. I felt impressed to instruct on what people on the street need to feel to begin the conversion process. That afternoon we were invited into the home of a couple we had met the previous week, and we had the chance to teach them about Joseph Smith and the Restoration of Christ's Gospel.
The highlight of Wednesday was the opportunity to eat dinner at Brother Torrence's house in Ardrossan. He is legendary -- and a true gentleman.
Through the week's ending we had many more opportunities to meet and teach new friends; I'm really grateful for those opportunities as I wasn't sure how much time I had left in Irvine.
Yesterday 5 of our friends who are learning about the gospel came to church. I always love Sundays and going to church. Plus this ward is just the best!
Last night we got our moves call from President Brown, and I've been assigned to serve in Belfast in Northern Ireland as a Zone Leader with Elder Luna. It's really a bittersweet feeling.. On one hand I'm really sad to be leaving Irvine when it feels like I just got here. It's also sad to leave before Aaron and Jacqui's baptism in just a couple of weeks.
On the other hand I'm excited to serve with Elder Luna -- he was my zone leader for 6 months while I was in Galway, so I know him very well and I'm eager to see him again. Also, I'm looking forward to the new opportunities to serve the missionaries in Northern Ireland. A position like this will provide a way that I can share with many a missionary the truth and insights I've been given from some of my mission heroes, as well as from the Spirit from personal study throughout my mission so far.
I have no doubt that the Lord guides the efforts of His missionaries. Though I may not completely feel it's my time to leave Irvine, someone a lot greater and a lot better has plans that scope beyond the limited horizon I can see.
I'm grateful for the people I've met and the time I've been able to spend here. Isn't it such a blessing to be given the chance to make each day better for ourselves and for others? I'm so thankful for a loving Father in Heaven. I know He loves each of us and knows us by name.
I love you all and we'll speak soon!
Elder Clement
Irvine District
Me and E. Benesch
Dinner at Sis. Lewis'
Us and Sis Campbell
No comments:
Post a Comment